The Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) was formed in 1978 has transformed from the then Computer Association of Nigeria (COAN) to become the umbrella body of all IT professionals in Nigeria.
Presently, NCS has the following interest groups:-
- Institute for Software Practitioners of Nigeria (ISPON)
- Information Technology Association of Nigeria (ITAN)
- Nigerian Women in Information Technology (NIWIIT)
- Internet Service Providers Association of Nigeria (ISPAN)
- Nigerian Information Technology Professionals in the Civil Service (NITPCS)
- Information Technology Systems and Security Professionals (ITSSP)
- Academia in Information Technology (AIT)
- and the student group: Nigerian Association of Computer Science Students (NACOSS)
Among the core objectives of the society are the followings
To promote the education and training of Computer and Information Scientist, Computer Engineers, Information Architects, Information Technology and Systems professionals
To actively encourage research in the advancement of Computer & Information Science, Information Technology & Systems, and practice; and disseminate results of scientific works carried out in industry, oil and gas, military and education sectors
Within the context of these core objectives, NCS has a constitutional responsibility towards career development of her numerous members (Students, Affiliates, Technologists, Corporate bodies). Brilliant, committed, indigent and innovative members at undergraduate, post graduate levels as well as research fellows need to be supported, protected and empowered.
In a way of giving back to the Society and support educational and research development, we have NCS Scholarship and Sponsorship fund. Scholarships are the best and most effective ways for students to be granted the opportunity to realize their dreams of a quality and sustainable education.
This fund will be used to provide educational scholarships and sponsorship to attend conferences/workshops as well as support for high impact research. It will increase IT education and research achievement in the country and provide many who are presently excluded with the ability to seize IT education and research opportunities and fulfill their potentials. Human capital in Information Technology is a top priority for the nation because Nigeria needs people in sufficient numbers with such appropriate expertise to survive and thrive in the knowledge economy. Through this fund NCS shows exceptional commitment to the sustainable national development of Nigeria by significantly increasing opportunities for Information Technology education and research attainment nationwide.
Student Level Registration (LevelReg) is important for all applicants. Visit www.ncs.org.ng to complete the student LevelReg registration.
Other information about the Awards/Grant:
- Research grant can be provided to an existing beneficiary for more than two (2) years in special cases.
- The Grant is based on relevance of the research to technology development.
- The Award/Grant is expected to be channeled towards Tuition, accommodation, books, and research materials
- The Scholarship/Awards/Grant is based on your activities/visibility at local chapter and national levels of the Society.
- The Award is a onetime opportunity during a course of study.
- Other conditions as may be determined by NCS from time-to-time
Members of Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), Nigerian Association of Computer Science Students (NACOSS) at the undergraduate, post graduate levels as well as research fellows.
Complete the application form. The form is available on the website of NCS – www.ncs.org.ng
The completed form must be accompanied by:
- A 2-page proposal (ONLY required for postgraduate awards and research grant).
- Two recommendation letters from the institution or organisation (HOD, Dean, Vice-Chancellor, Rector, Manager, Director, etc.)
- Proposed budget
- Past academic result( for undergraduate awards)
- A yearly progress report for renewal of award
- Evidence of past activities with local chapters and National for Conferences and workshop attendance
All applications are screened by Education and Manpower Development Committee of Nigeria Computer Society.
Candidates are evaluated based on their needs and past academic performances
- The NCS Scholarship does not discriminate on the basis of religion, origin, gender, age, physical or mental disability.
- Bond free
- Selection of qualified candidates is also done by the committee
- The decision of this committee is final
You are kindly requested to collaborate with Nigeria Computer Society in providing the needed fund.
Join NCS as it builds a coalition of corporate and philanthropic partners and a nation committed to increasing achievement in Information Technology education and research.
Your provision of financial resources enhances the capacity of the fund by increasing the number of scholarships that can be awarded as well as the support that can be provided.
Subscribe to our initiative and be a donor Partner. Organisations and individuals are free to collaborate with NCS and their names tagged to the fund depending on the amount they contributed and the number of year it runs. It could be donation in honour or memory of a specific individual or entity.
Scholarship donors with a specific objective in mind and who meet specific minimum funding and duration requirements may specify criteria to be used when selecting recipient(s)
Donors who meet specific minimum funding and duration requirements may name their scholarship awards. Minimum amount required from donors is N100,000.
Please fill the donation/sponsor form to make your donation to the NCS Scholarship fund.
Any amount you give is very much appreciated and will go towards supporting this program and initiatives.
Donors may contribute by cash, cheque, online payment
Payment can be made to:
- Nigeria Computer Society
- Bank:- Zenith Bank.
- Account No:- 1011565784
- Commitment of NCS to Donors/Sponsors:
Donors who wish to be recognized are acknowledged in the annual report.
Logos of donor organisations will be included in the scholarship forms
Link to website of donor organisations are included in the website of NCS
List of individual donors will be maintained prominently on the NCS website
Opportunities will be created for donors and scholarship recipients to meet.
Scholarship donors are recognized each year at the Annual Scholarship Reception and Dinner and donors get to meet with those they supported
Annual report to donor from the Scholarship Administration Committee notifying donor of scholarship recipient(s) for each year
Each recipient is expected to send a letter of appreciation which is forwarded by Scholarship Administration Committee to their donor(s).
Personal appreciation and acknowledgment from the NCS President
Listing in the NCS Scholarship and Sponsorship Fund Annual report
No benefit is greater than the opportunity to enable others pursue their dreams through education – making a difference in their lives now and in the future
Categories of Award/Grant:
The Scholarship and Sponsorship awards are categorised as follows:
|Award Categories||Maximum Period Per Awardee|
|a.||Undergraduate: (NACOSS /Allied bodies in Tertiary Institutions)||5 years|
|b.||Postgraduate: M.Sc; PhD||2 years; 4 years|
|c.||Research Grant||2 years|
|d.||Conference and Workshop Attendance (Local and International)||Onetime Payment|