As digital becomes more pervasive in our lives and work, disruption is becoming the norm. Novel data approaches to growth contribute to making society and nations smarter. Innovative and emerging technologies are increasingly being used to create new services and improve solutions in the public and private sectors. Unleashing the power of fast-changing digital economies further entails utilizing better and modern ways to address the developmental challenges of disease, education, poverty, and security.
When a society functions efficiently, lots of new opportunities that add significant value and tremendous economic growth are brought into existence. In addition to enabling the exploitation of data and technology platforms for innovation and productivity, Smart nations are truly independent and globally competitive with the strong ability to speedily and effectively grow talent, generate new ideas, attract investment and drive growth. There are undoubtedly challenges associated with improving agility and intelligence within the environment. Ensuring universal access to the benefits of the Digital Economies and Smart Nations is also critical and urgent.
The conference will provide opportunities to share important ideas and experiences, showcase initiatives, examine vital issues and proffer solutions that are actionable and sustainable. Building Smart Nations and Digital Economies that foster growth and make a difference to the lives of people is integral to progress in this era. NCS calls on IT professionals, interest groups and stakeholders to be part of this historic event.
Dates: July 16 to 18, 2019 || Venue: To Be Determined
- Smart Nations, Digital Economies and Meaningful Lives
- Download Call for Papers Here
Innovative and Disruptive Technologies in the New Economy
Smart Broadband, Digital infrastructure and Sharing Frameworks
Coding the Future of Agriculture, Health, Education and Services
Smart Culture, Communities and Inclusion
Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship for the Future
Open Data, Open Government and Digital leadership
Women, Gender Balance and Innovation in Technology
Digital Law, Intellectual Property and Data Protection
IT in Education Policy and Management
Cyber Security Innovations and Opportunities
Smart Skills and Capabilities shaping the Digital Future
Economic Growth and Meaningful lives in the Digital Economy
Enabling the Smart Nation: Strategies and Policies
Education, Research and the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Digital Transformation and Data Innovation
Call for Papers:
- Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work for publication and presentation at the NCS 14th International Conference – Smart Nations, Digital Economies and Meaningful Lives
- All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by a highly qualified panel of reviewers. The authors are requested to submit a full paper of their original and unpublished work not later than Friday, February 8, 2019.
Instructions to Authors:
Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work intended for presentation at the Conference. Paper acceptance will be based on full paper submission
Papers must have relevance to one or more of the sub-themes listed
Initial submission must not include the authors’ names and affiliations. However, full details of authors (names, addresses, and e-mails) must be included in the final camera-ready copy
All papers must be submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word document (.doc). Full papers should be mailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the paper as the subject.
Where there are multiple authors, only one can enjoy the 20% discount and at least one author must pre-register to qualify for the inclusion of the paper in conference proceedings
Paper acceptance will be reconfirmed after necessary corrections/modifications by reviewers have been fully carried out
Only full papers received on the schedule will be considered
Selected papers may be considered for publication in International Journals, including the Journal of Computer Science and Its Applications, published biannually by Nigeria Computer Society
All submitted papers to NCS Conferences must be previously unpublished and may not be considered for review or publication somewhere else during the period at which such papers are undergoing NCS review.
- Submission of Full Paper – Friday, February 8, 2019
- Notification of acceptance – Friday, April 12, 2019
- Submission of final version – Friday, May 10, 2019
The National Secretariat: Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Central Business District, Alausa, Ikeja – Lagos, Nigeria.
- Tel: +234(0)17744600, 08097744600, 09038353783
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Taiwo on +234(0)8098647348| firstname.lastname@example.org
- Goke on +234(0)8033475299| email@example.com
- Abuja Office: Plot 1321, Aderemi Adesoji Street, Cadastral Zone B1, by Hot FM, Gudu District, Abuja.
- Sunday on +234(0)7033020271, 09-2907287| firstname.lastname@example.org